What to expect in terms of service and how it relates to average pricing for handyman service(s) is outlined below:
- Standard pricing for handyman services is set by hourly rates or with a flat fee per service.
- Contracted or independent handymen typically charge between $25 and $60 per hour. In Hawaii (expect to pay between 20-26% more for labor and materials).
- A handyman will charge higher rates if they offer expertise in one or more specific trades or specialties (i.e. master electrician, master plumber, HVAC service).
- Many handyman services employ several professionals that together offer a number of varied specialized skills. These businesses often charge hourly rates closer to $75 to $150 per man hour.
- It is not uncommon for professional handymen to charge a minimum fee for service. This typically ranges between$100 and $300.
- When hiring a skilled handyman in an emergency situation that requires immediate attention (i.e. burst pipe, heating malfunctions, etc.) expect to pay a $50 to $125 fee. This charge for emergency, on-call service tends to be higher outside of normal business hours and, as well as on weekends.
- Especially with today’s gas prices many companies expense a fuel surcharge, especially if the job at hand requires any significant travel (to the job site or supply stores). Most often, this charge is included within your price quote.
This is the national report based on the average consumers survey. Depending on location prices will vary and remember that handymen are skilled professionals that are skilled in a wide variety of home repairs. We hope this will help customers, homeowners, realtors and business owners understand the service charges and rate for our present year.